Monday 1 February 2016

Pill Pod System

Something I recently learned about ADHD is often we can't use existing systems. Even such basic things as planners and forms; we need to alter them to specifically fit us. This is something I've been doing for a long time.

A perfect example of that is my pill pod system. I need certain medications available to me at all times, and I hate having things rattling in my bag.


The little pods that contain the surprise in a Kinder egg are perfect for carrying pills. They are durable, easy to write on with a permanent marker, and easy to open and close.


Two cotton balls will keep the pills from making any noise therefore increasing privacy surrounding medications. Keeping them blank and unlabeled will also help with visual privacy.


They will even fit chewable antacids. If the medication you need is in a blister pack, cut each pill out of the sheet in a smooth oval or circle to avoid sharp pointed edges.

Write any dosages on a slip of paper and include inside the pod.

I refill the pods as soon as they become empty so I am guaranteed the medication when I need it. A great way to do this is text or email myself a reminder as soon as I notice.


Warnings:

When traveling across international borders, always keep prescription medication in its original containers. Never use this system when traveling internationally.

- These pods are a neon sign for children. I would not feel at all comfortable allowing this system near children because of the potential hazards. A way to avoid this hazard would be to keep the pods in a container inaccessible to children, such a small, locked box, in the bag, purse, or desk.

- I also haven't been able to confirm that they are made from food safe plastic. They are sold with an edible product so it makes sense to me they would be, but the Internet has not yet furnished me with confirmation either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment